Typical to all the employees staying much longer than 6 months is you can bring your loved ones.
acquiring work license
The principles for moving to Sweden for work differ based on your nation of citizenship, see below. Typical to all or any employees staying much longer than 6 months is the fact that it is possible to bring your household.
People of EU nations
Passport/ID is needed
Being an EU resident, you’re eligible to work with Sweden with no license. You additionally have the best to arrive at Sweden to consider a work. Your household gets the straight to join you in Sweden so long as you have right of residence in Sweden.
Whenever entering Sweden, you and any family that is accompanying should have a legitimate passport or nationwide ID card showing your citizenship.
Family from outside of the EU?
In case your spouse/common law spouse/registered partner/dependent children/dependent moms and dads aren’t EU residents, they will certainly need certainly to submit an application for residence cards, but this could additionally be done after going to Sweden, during the time that is same you register your right of residence.
Long-lasting EU resident?
You qualify as a long-term resident and can apply, in that country, for a special EU residence permit if you have lived in another EU country with a residence permit for at least five years. This will make it much easier to go on to another EU nation.
Citizens of non-EU nations
The first step: an ongoing work license
Generally speaking, residents from countries beyond your EU must make an application for an ongoing work license to the office in Sweden.
You will find an exceptions that are few the guideline. People of Argentina, Australia, Chile, Canada, Hong Kong, brand New Zealand, Southern Korea and Uruguay aged 18–30 can additionally submit an application for a holiday that is working ( website link in Swedish) for approximately a year.
For employment that lasts significantly less than 90 days, residents of specific nations will need to have both work license and a visa. Also remember that employees in a few areas might be exempt from work license regulations.
Needs for the work license
To be eligible for a work license, you have to have gotten the official offer of work from the employer that is swedish. The task additionally needs to:
- have now been promoted when you look at the EU/EEA for at the least ten times
- offer regards to work that match those set by Swedish agreements that are collective those who are customary inside the career or industry
- spend the absolute minimum monthly income of SEK 13,000 before fees.
You have to also hold a passport that is valid your property nation.
Licenses for household members
In Sweden if you are a non-EU citizen eligible to receive a work permit, your spouse/common law spouse/registered partner and children up to age 21 (as well as children over 21 who are financially dependent on you) have the right to join you. They need to submit an application for residence licenses, either in the application or individually.
The applying procedure
Generally speaking, it is important to submit an application for your license before entering Sweden, though in a few situations you might be in a position to apply from within Sweden if you’re already lawfully staying in the nation.
- Get an offer of employment – which should have been authorized by way of a trade union that is relevant.
- Compile and submit the job – either online or through a paper application presented to your closest Swedish embassy or consulate. Your completed application must consist of: – a completed application form – copies of this pages of the passport that demonstrate individual data, period of credibility and whether you’ve got authorization to call home in nations except that your nation of beginning ( e.g. other visas or residence licenses) – your offer of work and also the declaration through the trade union – a credit card applicatoin charge.
- The Migration Agency considers the job and notifies you of the decision, see current waiting times.
- Publish data for residence and visa license card.
Expanding an ongoing work license
You need to apply for an extension if you want to keep working after your current permit has expired. You are entitled to keep working while waiting for a decision if you apply before your current permit expires imperative link.
People of Nordic nations
Residents of a Nordic nation have actually the ability to freely live and operate in Sweden without registering aided by the Migration Agency. Nevertheless, you need to register because of the Swedish Tax Agency to get a swedish identity number that is personal.
People of Switzerland
Swiss residents require a residence license to focus in Sweden for extended than 3 months. You make an application for your residence license after entering Sweden and will begin working right while you enter the nation. Whenever entering Sweden, you’ll want a legitimate passport. Your household might join you.
Overseas pupils by having a residence license in Sweden are allowed to work alongside their studies. They need a work permit if they want to stay and work in Sweden after completing their studies.
Some beginning points for learning the Swedish language: